Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2008

The long hard way

I’m not a star, 
There’s no halo over my head. 
Rather, am a defeated person, 
With the abyss of darkness all my way.
Fate doesn’t like the color of my eyes. 
Struggle and strife are old friends of mine, 
I like odds, Especially when they are stacked against me. 
Because there will be a day, 
When I’ll be at zenith And stare them in the eye. 
I know the more I sweat More will I shine… 
I’ll survive the sinking Titanics And ruined Hiroshimas. 
I’ll emerge like a phoenix from my ashes. 
I’m the guy who will have Courtyard of success at my doorstep someday 
And that is the day, When I’ll fear no fear And will taste the sweat that is sweet. 
And then… Look back for the first time And say… 
I did it my way. The long hard way.

No comments: