Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2008

Melancholy Strain

While traveling in the shady haunt Among the Arabian sands
Far from the tumultuous world Lonely, in my dreamland. 
Suddenly in that solitude, Where no nightingale did ever chant 
I heard somebody singing a melancholy strain 
Breaking the silence of the seas. 
The maiden sang and sang and sang… 
As if her song could have no ending. 
I listened motionless and still 
As I mounted up a hill 
And was about to accompany her 
I was suddenly pulled down 
By that unpleasant alarm. 
The music, which in my heart I bore 
Was heard no more. 
Oh! How fleet is the glance of mind 
Compared to the speed of light. 
The tempest itself lags behind. 
I saw the start of another boring a routined morning. 
The day begin with full enthusiasm 
To crucify me with that heavy school bag 
Those typical formulas, equations and chemical formulas. 
Forgetting that ephemeral dream 
I awoke to suffer the pangs of my existence.

1 comment:

Saurabh said...

Pappu paas ho gaya...yaar tu to kavi hai